Monday, August 24, 2009

Final stop - Kincardine


















We were glad to make it down early evening to Kincardine. I use to go there with my parents as a child and it brought back a lot of good memories. The town was just as pretty as I remembered it. The funny thing was we ended up not being able to find the lighthouse so we asked directions.
We ended up at the same park where I use to play as a child right by the beach and the docks near the lighthouse and pier. I took pictures of my kids playing and when we returned home I showed them the picture of me at the same place. That was over 30 years ago.
The park and beach was very dog friendly and we met other dogs and the kids played and enjoyed the beach as well. The waters were very warm in the evening. It showered a bit but then we got a beautiful rainbow afterwards .... wow. I love the architecture of many of the houses in this area. It was getting late so we headed out and we reached Lucknow and headed in a south easterly direction towards home.
The back roads were pretty dark but we made it to the main highway just in time for the most rain we had seen in a week. What a downpour that lasted a good 30-40 minutes. We arrived late around 10:30 p.m. Everyone including the dogs were exhausted but it was great. It was a lot to see and a lot of driving but it gave us the opportunity to see what places we would like to return to and explore further.






Janey-Mac and Uly are tired the next day they bumped into all their dog friends at the park. Uly is in need of a good brushing because he's full of mats from the water. Janey-Mac fell asleep on an ant hill and had some nasty bites on her leg which I had to put calamine lotion on but other than that they are catching up on their rest. I think they are a little sad that the trip is over. Until next time (LOL).

3 comments:

  1. where are you? it looks like nova scotia! what a fantastic trip and what great scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spot is certainly lovely. It is always interesting to go to places that you haven't seen since you were a kid. I find that they always seem so much smaller.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all the vacation photos! What a wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete